Finnegan & Diba recognizes that in today’s economy, businesses both large and small face a multitude of challenges and legal hurdles every step of the way. Whether it be strategically advising your company on best practices or aggressively defending your rights, every business needs a lawyer it can depend on.
With over 20 years of helping businesses to grow, the firm provides a proactive approach to business law, molded to the entrepreneurial needs of individuals with a goal of providing long term professional legal service and lasting relationships as each business client strives to grow and adjust to the volatile economy and its associated legal needs. This client-centered approach has provided Finnegan & Diba with respect and notoriety in the community, and has elevated the firm to be one of the premier resources of affordable legal representation for small to medium sized business in the greater Los Angeles Area and California at large.
The firm presently serves as general counsel to a variety of businesses in a multitude of industries ranging from manufacturers, distributors, retailers, service based companies, and start-ups.
F&D Clients are inclusive of:
- Internet start-ups
- Bio-diesel company
- Microderm abrasion company
- Heavy duty & industrial plastics distributor
- Entertainment servicers of gaffing, camera, and sounds equipment and staging company for advertising
- Shoe distributors
- Pistachio and almond farms
- Gas station owners and operators
- Property management companies
- Review of business records and completion of due diligence for business investors, primarily for immigration based EB-5 investment visas
Our ability to accommodate the legal needs of our clients over a broad range of business offerings and innovation is what sets us apart and provides the firm with stimulus to continue with excellence.
F&D has significant experience in business formation and prides itself in providing comprehensive start up service for aspiring business persons who are looking for long term and reliable general counsel who are willing to be flexible and open to innovation, while providing sound legal advice and structure.
The service consists of selection of the suitable business entity to formation to comprehensive preparation, filing, and registration of all incorporation documents to enable the business entity to operate as a going concern.
Once the business entity is able to operate, F&D assumes the role of general counsel and provides a variety of services from transactional to litigation needs of each client as it arises.
We complement this appointment with our panel of subject matter counsel who enable us to provide collateral services such as Intellectual Property (Patent & Copyright), Securities and Investment, Taxation, Bankruptcy, etc. to meet all needs of the client.
F&D has extensive experience in business transactions ranging from employment related needs to business needs as they arise from inception of the business to its conclusion, inclusive of:
- Purchase, sale, transfer, or dissolution of a business
- Distribution and supply agreements
- Buyout agreements
- Assignments and sub-leases
- Employment matters, such as drafting of employee handbooks and ensuring compliance with state and federal employment law
- Consulting and service agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Stock pledge agreements
- Entertainment related contracts
This office has represented and continues to represent the interests of a number of business entities in various industries and for various legal needs. As defense counsel, the firm has successfully represented the interests of businesses such as property management companies, car dealerships, gas station owners, lenders and borrowers, and provided defense of professionals such as business owners, CPA’s, Real Estate Agents, Talent Agents etc.
As Plaintiff’s Counsel, the firm has prosecuted a plethora of business disputes, covering matters from collections to contract disputes. The firm has experience in nearly all types of business and employment disputes, inclusive of:
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Breach of contract
- Negligent and intentional misrepresentation
- Breach of contract
- Employment related disputes
- Disputes between business partners or investors
- Misappropriation of intellectual property, trade secrets, and proprietary information, under common law and Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- Trademark litigation
Business Litigation usually commences with hard fought pleadings and can involve fast-paced requests for provisional remedies, such as TRO’s, Preliminary Injunctions, and Pre-Judgment Writ of Attachments. F&D has established relationships with various experts such as forensic accountants for quick and efficient evaluation of complicated business accountings.