Family Based Immigration

One of the most common methods of obtaining a Green Card is through a relative, who is a citizen or lawful permanent U.S.resident. F&D can help you file an application and family via petition through your relative. Some of our more specific offerings include:


This type of form is meant for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who wishes to petition for their alien relatives wanting to immigrate to the United States. There are certain eligibility requirements for your relative, so be sure to contact us for additional information.


These applications are meant for persons in the United States who wish to apply for lawful permanent resident status (green card).


This waiver application is available to those who are in the United States illegally and can have their children and spouse process a family petition AND an I-601A waiver on their behalf. A pre-authorized approval speeds the application time through Consular processing for an IV residency status visa. F&D’s attorneys have been experts in consular processing procedure for over 25 years.


Those immigrants who have already received a 2-year green card but need to upgrade to permanent lawful residency, can file this type of application. Conditional residence must file the form on time and provide ample evidence to prove a good faith marriage. Once the I-751 application is approved, the individual’s residency is permanent, however, the physical residency card is only valid for 10 years and must be renewed.


These applications encompass all forms of USA immigration travel passports. Refugee travel passports, advance parole, and re-entry permits are all available for immediate processing.


Using this Form, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition, a person who has been granted asylum or refugee status in the United States (the petitioner) may petition to have his or her spouse and/or unmarried children, who are called beneficiaries, join him or her in the United States.


These waivers are usually available to those people who are outside the U.S. and found inadmissible to the United States during their application process. Inadmissibility can be for various reasons including criminal charges, overstaying your visa, and entering illegally, to name a few.


Background of Section 245(i) of the INA. In 1994, Congress enacted section 245(i) of the INA, permitting certain individuals who were otherwise ineligible for adjustment of status in the United States to pay a penalty fee for the convenience of adjusting status without leaving the United States.

Consular Processing

If you are outside of the United States, you may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident. This pathway is referred to as consular processing.


Parole In Place” allows a foreign national who came into the United States without authorization by an immigration officer to stay for a certain period of time. Parole in place is granted on a case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit.


The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.


A probate court or family court may find a child (under 21 years old) eligible for this classification if the child was abused, abandoned, or neglected by their parents. After the attorney successfully obtains SIJS classification, the child is eligible to concurrently apply for the I-360, Special Immigrant (as a juvenile declared a dependent in juvenile court) & the I-485, Application for Lawful Permanent Residency in the United States. Cancellation of Removal/10 years in USA.

A Few Client Testimonial/Endorsement

F&D is proud to offer our clients a creative, cost-effective, and hands-on approach to their legal needs.
Contact Us

A Lawyer From Finnegan & Diba Is Here To Help.