US Citizenship


Application for Naturalization, is an application to become a naturalized U.S. citizen.


Use this form to request a hearing before an immigration officer on our denial of your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.


Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is filed to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship which serves as evidence of your or your child’s U.S. citizenship. You may file Form N-600 if you were born abroad and are claiming U.S. citizenship at birth through your parents.

The path to citizenship starts with F&D, and there are many advantages to becoming a United States citizen. Millions of lawful residents in our country simply need the legal support of a dedicated attorney to help walk them through the process of becoming a U.S. citizen. Though not a complete and exhaustive list, here are some requirements that must be met before receiving United States citizenship: 

  • Continuous residence
  • Physical presence
  • Residence in the state
  • Good moral conduct
  • Civics and history
  • English proficiency

Please note: The above list of requirements is not exhaustive, and additional requirements do exist. Meeting the above requirements is used merely for purposes to see if you “generally qualify” versus actually qualifying. Please consult with a qualified immigration attorney prior to filing an application for naturalization.

While the process may seem initially overwhelming, rest assured F&D will help maximize your chances of success so that you may achieve citizenship status.

Right to Vote: This privilege is only available to U.S. Citizens, and while LPR’s are required to pay taxes and are permitted to reside in the U.S., they cannot participate in the government by electing those who create laws.Sponsoring Family Members: Citizens are provided the opportunity to petition on behalf of family members and receive preferential expedition effectively reducing or eliminating the substantial immigration backlogs faced by non-U.S. Citizens and their families.Rights Extend to Minor Children: A parents of LPR children who naturalize can automatically qualify their minor children (under 18) in many cases.Protection Against Deportation: Non- U.S. Citizens convicted of criminal activity may be deported from the United States. Permanent Residents remain subject to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration and the Immigration Courts. There are numerous cases of families being separated this reality.Travel Freedoms & Protections: Many Permanent Residents delay gaining U.S. Citizenship because they can work and travel freely from the U.S. However, a Permanent Resident can lose their green card by extended travel outside the U.S., as well as having to deal with the cumbersome and confusing immigration laws as they apply to them.

  • U.S. Policy? Dual Nationality allowed the concept of dual nationality allows for a citizen of one country to simultaneously hold the citizenship of one or more additional counties. The U.S. allows for dual nationality but does not actively encourage it. While taking advantage of dual nationality, there are many rules one should follow especially when conducting themselves as they exit and enter the U.S., including always entering and exiting the U.S. with the citizen’s U.S. passport. Major Countries Allowing For Dual Nationality w/ the United StatesThe following list is comprised of major countries that generally allow for retention of a person’s native citizenship upon becoming a Naturalized U.S. Citizen. This list is not exhaustive and requires verification.
  • Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Switzerland
  • ColombiaCosta
  • RicaSerbia
  • Montenegro
  • Finland
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Lebanon
  • Mexico
  • NewZealand
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Pakistan
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Sweden
  • Slovakia
  • Salvador
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Venezuela

A Few Client Testimonial/Endorsement

F&D is proud to offer our clients a creative, cost-effective, and hands-on approach to their legal needs.
Contact Us

A Lawyer From Finnegan & Diba Is Here To Help.